26 October 2018

new plants!

I bought myself another rhododendron.
Waiting for its spot- I dug a hole the same place one failed me last year. This has nice roots- I checked they were growing vigorously from the bottom of pot before I purchased.
Mulched and fed with compost. It's the same variety as my others, but twice the size at purchase date!
I am trying to -gradually- make a nice stand of shrubbery across the back of my yard for backdrop, 'structure' and winter evergreen color. It's a very slow process because I can't afford to buy shrubs all at once. So it's nice to see, when I stand against the back fence, the line of green from my rhodies and summersweet through the tree line. Farthest off in the corner is the forsythia.
Closeup of the summersweet- I wanted to put another one in this year, but couldn't find a specimen
I also bought a few new hostas- planted in front of the holly. I had some planted under it before, but they aren't doing so great, so I moved a few to other spots.
Also this large-leaved brighter green one. I misplaced the tag-
but I think it's the same variety as these grand ones I've got alongside the house now (transplanted last year)

No comments: