24 June 2018

some cleanup

I thinned out the young echinacea-
afterwards:
It felt a shame to compost so many healthy plants, but they were just too crowded. I did try to sell the excess seedlings- but nobody took my offer to come and have them dug up. Maybe next year, as two-year-olds, I might get a few takers- because they are still too close together to reach maturity.
Looks like it will be a good year for echinacea flowers! The plants are all sturdier and lots of buds forming (behind astilbe)
On the rudbeckia as well
I thinned out the arugula- down to five or six plants which I might let set seed.
All these came out-
On the other side of the greens bed I pulled most of the bolting lettuces. Left a few of those to go to seed also.
The last lettuce we will eat fresh from the garden this year:
While I was out in the garden, did a second picking of green beans. Almost enough for a meal!

No comments: