14 June 2018

outside

my astilbe are blooming! (yes, I need to do some serious weeding)
other side- it has a close companion I didn't plant. I think it's viburnum
The others in the row are coming along-
This one is a lot taller than the rest. Not sure if I unknowingly bought one that grows taller, or if its because it receives a lot more sun
I used them to make a bouquet for my seven-year-old (she performed in the school's talent show)
which included some of my ferns- looking better than ever! Nice thick wall of monarda on the right, there
black/blue salvia has more flowers. I spotted a hummingbird visiting the borage- from my bedroom window- and at first thought what is that huge insect? can't be a bee- then I realized it was a hummingbird and ran downstairs to see closer but it was gone
sedums I transplanted last year bloomed a week ago-
the 'autumn joy' grouping is budding up! I think I planted them too close to the lilac, though. May have to dig up and resituate in spring.
Daylilies!
I've been wanting to get a few more kinds... these are actually a bit more mauve than the photo shows
Milkweed! Buds forming last week:
I saw them opening for the first time today. This is silly, but I didn't expect them to be quite so pretty.
This post turned out to be all flowers, so here's one more- my potatoes!
I recalled they had white ones; didn't expect them to hang their heads
and.. . while I'm still doubtful about the tomatoes- though I think I see a few tiny green fruits- I am pretty sure I'll have cucumbers!
more pics coming soon

No comments: