17 May 2018

more spring plants

I have been out in the mud, planting in the rain. I get soaked and dirty, the plants are unfazed and suffer no transplant shock. Over the past two days I went to my favorite local nursery, and then back to the local greenhouse, and then returned yet again the next day to pick up a plant I'd forgotten the first time. I got a lot. They are lovely, and look great in their spaces. More on all that later, I'm very tired now.

But here's a little peek- two small plants I got just to keep in the house. A very small mimosa (aka "sensitive plant"). I will probably not put it outside, since I lost the last one to disease and they are prone to it around here.
A small pretty fern. My photo doesn't pick it up, but the leaf margins and veins are very faintly red. I don't know the variety name, but the label said "indoors" so there I will keep it until I know more.

No comments: