13 February 2018

Perry's tank

I recently sold (locally) a batch of trimmings and extra plants. Most from this tank. Doesn't look much different. I moved out twenty pieces of hornwort, a dozen vallisneria that had come loose from the substrate (so pulling them didn't kick any mulm into the water), a few clumps of subwassertang, and most of the moss- which I'm still growing out in a jar. Here's what I have left of that:
Perry's tank got a bit more leaf litter added this past week. I'm not adding it as frequently as with the other tanks- the leaves seem to break down slower in the colder water. Pothos vines sure are taking a long time to grow out- either that or sweet potato was crazy quick in comparison. Only just now are new roots starting to sprout at the base of the stem cuttings. There was a bit of brown algae on the front and side glass near the window, its soft enough I can just wipe off with my fingers. I don't vacuum the gravel in here but just kind of stir near the substrate with the hose when removing old water, to kick stuff up and siphon it out.

No comments: