07 February 2018

aquarium moss

Still don't know what to do with this moss. I took it all out of the bait cage. For a silly reason- the gleam of the metal kept catching my eye in center of the tank, and I don't want it to be the focal point. I haven't gone out yet to find a chunk of mopani wood or stone with ledges, that's how I'd like to grow it... . . Meanwhile I sold another portion- the tangle of longer strands, keeping the tiny fragments to grow out again while I wait to find its harscape.

I notice it sure is healthy-looking, from growing in the windowsill jar, and in the cold, un-fertilized water of the window tank.
It still has this neatly branching pattern of growth, and the strands seem quite a bit thicker, tougher almost wiry compared to the java moss I had before. I'm asking on the forums- maybe it really is taiwan moss.
The tiny bits I kept, are in the tiniest jar I have.

1 comment:

Jeane said...

Well the only suggestion I got in response was that it doesn't look like java moss nor taiwan moss, but perhaps weeping moss. I will just have to attach it to grow out on something and see what it does. Maybe then can identify better.