14 December 2017

small update

I did a 30% wc on my tenner yesterday. Water is no longer cloudy, but when the light was on I was looking closely for a fish and saw that behind the driftwood the subwassertang and other surfaces are still sprinkled with fert particles.

Three of the cories look well, they're very perky, out and about. They must have spawned after the wc, but this morning I found five round eggs on the front glass. If babies hatch I have no room for them to grow up in here! I did not see the smaller cory after that wc- it was hidden so long I feared it had died. This morning I saw it again- I dropped in two shrimp pellets and pretty soon three cories came out of hiding to feed, tails wagging about eagerly. The fourth one was soon visible as well- but not feeding with the others. Swimming back and forth in the center level of the tank again. I see its barbels aren't eroded- it's just holding them close to the underside of head, and a few others fins held close as well, so looks listless and pinched. It's obviously unhappy or sick, but I don't know why... so unless I can identify the issue, just going to keep up with extra wc.

Sigh.

No comments: