With some trimmings of flame moss out of my tenner, I did one more painstakingly small glue job. I dipped the ends of the cuttings into superglue, the held them onto a small flat stone to stand upright, glued just at the base.
It is definitely more of an instant effect, looking like grass! here dropped into container of water I had on hand to keep the moss damp and test how well it adhered-
I think of all the micro photos I've managed to take, these are my favorites:
but it's kinda messy with the white glue blobs. That's noticeable once it is in the tank. Here next to the pebble I made the week before.
The plastic strips of flame moss are starting to grow out-