16 November 2016

salvia cuttings

I ended up with seven new salvia plants, when all done potting them up. They started growing new leaves, which had round shapes not the pointed wedges of the older foliage. Not sure if this is just a pattern for new growth, or a response to the different conditions inside.
I wanted to be able to plant them out before freezing weather, to establish them outside. Started putting them out on the deck to re-acclimated a week or two ago. Just planted them out the day before yesterday. Most of them had little white roots showing at the drain holes of the small pots.
They already look better in the ground than the ones I divided and replanted. I'll see how they do in spring (if they make it). If one or the other survives better, that's the method I'll use to propagate more.

No comments: