04 April 2016

repotting

I potted up a few plants recently.
My giant, collapsed aloe vera has gone to a new home. I kept its one little pup in a three-inch pot, next to two other pots of young aloes. The biggest of the offspring is now in a six-inch pot. While recovering I have it propped up, because the leaves always fall over on me. I'm just not very good at transplanting aloes...
I upended my geranium, gave it some fresh soil in the bottom of the pot, and replanted it set slightly deeper in. Gave it a trim as well, so now it looks rather thinned out.
My four-year-old pepper plant also got knocked out of its pot and refreshed some of the soil with compost.
It seems to like spending sunny days outside on the deck- has tons of new peppers coming on- I counted thirty-two!
I have run out of potting shards, and don't want to bust up any more terra cotta to get some. Instead I have cut squares out of an old bedsheet and put that in the bottom. It won't help the roots with drainage, but should keep the soil from washing out. at least

No comments: