01 July 2015

third day and onward

Tested water again yesterday. Had to do water changes again- the tenner had high levels as well. Guess I really do have to step back on the ferts dosing! This means the substrate is working just as I wanted- holding nutrients for the plants. I changed out half of Oliver's water, and 25% on the forty gallon tank.

The tenner is already showing response to the film I put on cover lid to block half the light. Much less algae on the anubias, new shoots on all the plants
and the snails are congregating on the right side, where algae grows more on the plastic plants now. Hardly any snail poo sitting on the anubias leaves anymore either, that was all the mess I had been siphoning off each day.
I love the arrow shape of Oliver in profile.
The big tank looks good so far. I had to re-root a few plants that floated loose. Everything looks very dusty, I hope the frequent partial water changes helps resolve that.
Fourth day nitrate levels better- 10ppm in the tenner, 20ppm in the forty gallon. I did no water changes that day, just fed the fishes. Everyone is looking good!

No comments: