03 July 2015

succulent experiment

Stuck some pieces of succulents into pots, from my wedding arrangements. Just for the heck of it. Kind of a little experiment- I don't know how these best root so I just tried a few things. In this pic, the two pots on the left have just a cactus/succulent potting mix, the two pots on the right have some gravel mixed in (because I had it on hand and ran short on potting mix).
There are so many bits, I did these a few different ways just to see which take best. The nicest big rosettes I simply sat on top of the soil. Two as-is, one I shaved the stem end (what little of it there was) off, raw surface (I don't think this is really the best way, they're supposed to be let heal over first).
The leaves I just pulled off some other rosettes
These I pulled the outer, largest leaves off and just planted the crowns (flower stalks in there on a whimsy, I'm not expected them to grow)
Let's see what takes!
(I don't even know the name of these succulents, can someone tell me?)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like Echeveria should root easy.

Jeane said...

Thanks. I don't intend to keep so many, but having a few around growing will be nice.