09 September 2014

fish report 5

It has now been five days since I've seen any symptoms on my fish. Treatment plan says to continue the heat and salt for four days after symptoms are gone, so I hope I've beat it now. It has been a total of twelve days with raised heat and salt, recommended duration is ten days. Other advice I've read says keep it up for a total of two weeks- I am lowering it slowly now, one degree a day, so it's going on for a bit longer. Yesterday was the last day I did gravel vac. Today changed out 5 gallons for fresh water, no salt added back in this time, to start removing it. The fish all still look great.

Except for the one cherry barb female in QT. Her tail is rotting. She shows no signs of ich, and the fungus is gone, but the tail rot advancing. Doesn't look good for her. I'm keeping up with the daily water change (half a gallon, which is 10%) and salt dose. Switched to melafix for the meds. She still eats okay though- perks up every morning when I feed. Lightly, to avoid polluting the small space. Two flakes, or a tiny pinch of pulverized algae wafer, shrimp pellet. Peas today.

No comments: