04 April 2012

settled in

An overcast day is just right for transplanting young plants out into the garden- they don't go through as much shock. I managed to get most of my little herbs into the walled bed:

Basil
Summer Savory
Dill
Marjoram
Cilantro
And just of note, my little Green Onions are getting thicker, plus some of the seed I sowed is starting to put up tiny green shoots.
When I step back and look at it as a whole, my little herb garden is now starting to take shape! I can't wait to see how it looks when all the plants have filled out and are blooming (if I let them).

Here's a picture patched together of two photos:
Now I just have to learn what to do with all these flavors! I still only have a few dishes I use for each one, and some of the newer herbs (marjoram and savory) I've never cooked with at all.

No comments: