29 July 2011

neglect

As you can probably tell by the lack of posts here lately, my garden has been pretty much abandoned. Little babies simply take too much time, and I can't take her outside to lie on a blanket on the grass while I work. It's just too hot plus there are mosquitoes galore. So my plants are suffering. The Rhubarb I'm afraid is in awful shape
the Beet leaves are riddled with holes, as are the Strawberries. The Peppers and Green Beans are falling over as if their roots were cut, in addition the beans' leaves are bronzing and chewed upon. The Broccoli hasn't made a single decent head but a bunch of tall, skinny ones- bolted. The Cherry Tomatoes are yellowed stems, withered leaves. The only plants that seem to be holding their own are the Basil and other herbs, Marigolds and Carrots. Nothing bothers Carrots except a certain caterpillar which hasn't made an appearance this year. My large heirloom Beefsteak Tomatoes are doing okay, too, although there are too many to eat!

No comments: