12 September 2010

wee peppers

I picked a dozen Bell Peppers off my plants yesterday. The plants themselves are a grand size, standing nearly to my shoulder, and sport lots of tiny flowers and buds still. But the fruits themselves are small, as you can see in this quick photo with my hand in the picture.
However, they have great flavor! Last night I made a stuffed pepper dish, which also used fresh Garlic and Oregano from my garden. The Oregano is one of the few plants that doesn't seem to suffer at all from drought conditions; it's even thriving.
Here's the few sprigs I picked
and the leaves washed and ready to chop.
The peppers got stuffed with a mixture of sauteed onions and garlic, ground beef, rice, tomatoes (also from the garden!) seasonings and topped off with a mixture of ketchup and hot sauce.
At the end of cooking time they got drizzled with a bit of shredded cheese. I barely got a photo of the finished product before they were all eaten. Yum!

1 comment:

chrisa511 said...

They look delicious :D I love how cute and tiny they are!! We've been getting some like that this season too. I'm hoping the ones that are on the plant now actually get big though!!