18 March 2019

a bit new in the tenner

The dwarf sword I had in the 20H didn't look good- its outer leaves getting shabby, and finally the burrowing kuhlis knocked it loose and I saw it only had a few nice healthy white roots. I stripped off the worst of its foliage and replanted it in my betta tank, which gets more light and ferts. Already it looks better, though I'm not sure how it will fit into the space here.

This week I trimmed more leaves off the crypt parva and windelov that had algae-blackened edges, although that seems to have stopped spreading, or at least slowed down.
Cut one windelov rhizome that was growing off the driftwood about to collide with the fake skull, and propped it in the middle of the bunch with a pebble.
My kid thinks it's really cute to see Ruby the betta resting on an anubias leaf. I tried to get a photo of him doing that, but the moment I tipped the shutter, he darted off!

No comments: