12 January 2019

slightly different look

in my 45. On maintenance day I rearranged a few of the plants again.
the main change was that I tied all the anubias barteria onto the larger mopani pieces- new among old
the three anubias afzelii I put on smaller pieces because with their narrower, upright leaves I think they look better situated lower.
saw that I had one buce 'blue belle' among the buce 'isabella'- it has slightly wider leaves. I put it on its own mopani anchor
I took the trouble to lift out the largest driftwood piece and tie the other anubias rhizomes on here more firmly. I'm not sure if these are another version of barteri (or congensis? in the middle) or if they just have longer stems because were reaching higher for the light before.
my angel seems to like the plants- acting much bolder lately-
in fact perhaps he likes them too much- I found out why my water wisteria has been looking bad. It's not just melt. When the angelfish is hungry he tears at this plant.
I watched him ripping the leaves. I started skipping feeding once a week, on days I do the water change. They seem okay with it now- although act hungry- wiggling around for my attention a lot more!  M. Beautiful now has two little spots just to the right top of his first stripe-
Incidentally, since I changed out the container my crypt balansae and aponogeton grow in, suddenly my kuli loach Albert is visible just as frequently as the others. I wonder if something about that makeshift strawberry basket container made him feel unwell? or if he really liked hiding under it. But I'm glad to see him again, dashing about just as avidly as the others at feeding time.

No comments: