12 January 2019

downstairs

in the cold but brightly lit spot, sheltered now with cardboard panels (double at night) against the sliding glass door, I have only a few plants wintering now. The two little rue I started from cuttings both have a lot more young leaves now (all the original leaves yellowed and dropped off). Incidentally, the parent rue plant I have outside is starting to look a bit shabby. It's lower stems are turning white. I don't know if this is normal, or sign of a problem.
Stevia looks rather sad, but at least it's alive. Behind it, my pot of ginger root finally went dormant.
I missed one of the caterpillars. Stevia leaf is harboring a cocoon. Tempted to let it hatch out in spring and see what kind of moth (or butterly), but it's one that would just eat my plants again, so...

No comments: