31 December 2018

plastic baskets

My tank has a slightly new look. Unfortunately, I had my camera on the wrong setting when took these photos, so they are awfully small.
I sewed some basket containers out of plastic canvas-
for the crypts and aponogetons. The previous containers I had fashioned from strawberry baskets weren't working out for me- after time the plastic turns opaque white which I consider something of an eyesore, and the gravel kept leaking out the bottom slots.
Already I prefer my handmade baskets- they blend in very well with the background, the gravel stays mostly in place, and I can make them any dimension I want.
Here's M. Beautiful- still pretty chill with the tetras. Only once this week did he 'crash around' when someone walked downstairs- and I can't tell why. Maybe he was resting and startled awake.
glimpse of a kuhli- this one is Sassy
happy java fern in the front corner- since I took this pic a few days ago, it has sprouted a new fiddlehead!

No comments: