25 November 2018

urgh

I feel like I don't know what I'm doing any more. I thought- if the paradise fish tank has ich, must treat the tank. I chose to use kordon ich attack because it won't kill all the snails- dosed yesterday and thought Perry was looking better. This morning did a thorough gravel vac- with my smallest siphon- to meticulously clean the bottom, in case it can remove some of whatever the pathogen is. My best guess is still ich. It ended up being a 50% wc. I added the new water very slowly hoping to not shock the fishes too much- whole process took almost forty minutes. Then I dosed with the meds again. Now the fishes both look worse- lethargic, hanging just under surface or sitting on bottom. Lady has a new spot on her head. I guess I will give her another salt bath as that does seem to have helped, but I wish I knew what I was fighting, for certain.

No comments: