24 November 2018

Perry's ill?

Of course he is. There are only a few tiny spots left on Lady and she looks fine, but Perry has lost interest in eating, sits on the bottom of the tank half the day, and sometimes moves in sudden jerks, like something irritates him. I don't think salt baths will completely solve this, it must be all over the tank. I don't have another heater to put on this tank- still think it must be ich- so I can't increase temp to speed up the parasite's cycle. I think I will pull all the subwassertang out, and as many snails as I can find, keep them in a glass jar for several weeks- the snails so they don't die of salt, the subwasser so I have the substrate more free to gravel vac. Treat the tank with salt, more frequent and thorough cleanings, and meds- I have several, just going back through my notes on here to see which were most effective in the past.

No comments: