13 July 2018

lush plants

some pictures from the garden in the heat-

Lemon balm. Curiously, while this plants helps me relax and sleep well, for my husband it does the opposite. Makes him feel alert. Not a bedtime beverage in that case!
Cosmos flower among the sensitive fern that invaded the garden.
Carrots! They're doing better than I hoped, now the whitefly is all gone.
Potatoes are sprawling out of the bed.
More cosmos, above the beets, which are starting to shoulder above the ground.
I have been cutting cosmos for a little vase in the kitchen, with a sprig of hydrangea flower. They don't last long- start to drop petals after a day or two, but then I just go and cut more!
Very bright.
My gladiolas are blooming. I have twice as many flowering stalks as last year, and a nice vase full. This photo was of the first stalk I cut, will have to take another- the vase has seven or eight beautiful stems of pink glory now.
Tithonias are larger, but no torch flowers yet... . . .

No comments: