05 June 2018

the little things are smaller

I finally sold my jar of riccia
lifted out the mass of it into the damp paper-towel lined box and sent it off. Remainder when I went to rinse out the jar- four little green 'y's and a few smaller green fragments. I dropped those into a new, smaller jar just in case it grows out again. Not sure if it's that weedy a plant, but if it regained enough mass to sell some again come fall, that would be something.

I don't keep a jar of moss anymore. Sold the trimmings off Perry's shelves along with what was in the jar from before. The plastic mesh shelves in the main tank haven't grown out at all- I don't know if the shrimp pick at it too much, or if it just doesn't get enough light. So far all it's doing is shading the anubias nana below.

Here's that tank. I only have one aponogeton capuronii now, the bacopa is down to two small stems (which appear to be dying) and the elodea is also doing poorly. I've started moving some of that into the 45 to see if it does better there. Everything else is doing fine. Striped kuhlis hang out more on the left side of the tank now that the black ones are out. I guess that was a preferred spot and the black kuhlis were dominant to them.

1 comment:

Jeane said...

No more riccia. It was multiplying, but even when I kept the water level just a finger's width, the amount of plant life in there was not enough to out-compete the algae threads. I tossed the last bit.