19 June 2018

a few pictures from the garden

The few borage I left in place in spring have done far better than those I moved. This particular one on the edge of herb bed suddenly got huge leaves for some reason.
Boston fern under the deck is doing better and better!
I moved my two pots of 'Gay's Delight' coleus out into the garden (end of potato patch). The one on the right had been kept on the upper deck, the one on the left had been growing indoors. Thus the color difference.
Closer look- already the lefthand coleus is growing out new leaves with the brighter green that can deal with stronger sunlight.
I took a few cuttings to keep inside, just in case some insect disaster strikes them outside.
I started weeding out the perennial/flower bed. My newer monarda started blooming already, even though it is just a third the height of the established ones.
Daisies don't seem to be doing as well this year. The clumps are thin. Perhaps I should have divided it? No big loss- I'm not terribly fond of white flowers anyway.

No comments: