07 April 2018

not to be left out

I took a few photos of spring weeds, too. This blue-green one that I still puzzle over, it changes shape so much. Not bothering to pot any of them up this year, but I leave them alone where I find in the yard.
Another unidentified plant, probably considered a weed, that I like the looks of. In spite of insect pests weakening it last summer, it seems to have doubled in size this year.
It still reminds me of rose foliage.
Here's a new one, sprouting alongside my front porch. I feel like I should recognize it, but I don't.
A surprise I found when dumping compost into the bin the other day: little plants sprouting through the circulation holes up and down the sides. I've seen this before, but never so many.
They look like tree seedlings. Advantageous! Until I turn the pile soon.

No comments: