Over the past few days I've been prepping stones for my tanks. Those 'dragon stones' I got in a swap, and a handful sourced from my yard. Most was pieces of quartz, I set a lot of that aside for later use in maybe another tank, keeping one nice squarish chunk with a pink hue that's rather pretty. The other rocks are granite and slate. I scrubbed them all under running tapwater with a tank-only toothbrush, set them in boiling water for half an hour, and soaked for several days in dechlorinated water. To avoid harm (exploding rocks) the boiling was done very gently- brought the water to a rolling boil, then lowered the heat as far down as it would go and maintain a gentle boil, put a heavy lid on it and exited the kitchen until rocks were done. To kill any organisms. The two/three day soak was mainly to be extra sure by testing pH at intervals, to see if the rocks affect the water. Nope. All safe.
So yesterday I tied the little plants on. Some of these photos are hazy because the plastic bin I set them in after tying down has semi-translucent sides.