05 January 2018

tenner update

Plants doing good in here. Rotalas bright in the back corner, which is nice and cheerful since everything outside now bitter cold and barren. Java fern leaves have spores lining their undersides. Wisteria plant doubled in height. The anubias lanceolata is starting to grow off its wood support, and dropped enough older leaves that half the rhizome is bare. I snipped it, to make it sprout new leaves on the bare part.
The sickly cory died. Looked like it was trying to eat again, but still limped around the tank with odd aimless swimming and clamped fins... Well, the three remaining ones still look robust, and I saw them spawning for a second time. The male quivering while female nosed him making the T-shape. Later I saw a few eggs on the glass, not so many as before. Don't really expect any fry.
Oto continues to look better now with companions. Hangs out with the cories a lot, and nibbles on the same food. It's getting plump again. I had really thought it was wasting away when it was alone, but now I think as long as it cory friends, will be okay. I know it's not ideal. Unfortunately I don't want to get any more otos. The cories are still shy to get a picture of.

No comments: