30 January 2018

some living room plants

got a bit more attention this week, they needed it. Boston fern just got a cleanup. Browned fronds and stems trimmed off. Found several more (still unexplained) cactus seedlings in there.
'Ice plant' has sent out some tall, leggy stems. I think the winter light is too dim for it. I cut and replanted them in a smaller pot.
My 'elephant bush' got two pieces accidentally broken off when I was trimming withered flower stalks. I recall a friend silently admiring this plant last week during a visit, so I stuck the two bits in a small pot to see if it will take root.
Still have a handful of small kalanchoe babies, in pots of larger jade. Hopeful.
Moving the sweet potato cuttings to a brighter spot -other side of the house- helped. Half the stems died, but those that still had decent-sized leaves have grown new roots quickly.

No comments: