15 November 2017

empty garden

- mostly. It's cleaned out and blanketed with dry leaves. I have a few plants still hanging on- some swiss chard and beets- I've pulled a few and they are rather small-
Self-seeded borage that came up end of summer:
Sage needs a trim-
Parsley and thyme got trimmed back and mulched; oregano doesn't seem to suffer as much from the cold.
I still have green onions, and in spite of how it got ignored, my leeks actually did okay. They aren't very robust, but the foliage grew quite long and I pulled some to use in place of onions in a dish (my kids prefer the slight sweetness of leeks). They were good!
Tomatoes are all done for, the vines cut down and cages stacked away. I dumped the end of the green bean pots and pulled the withered marigolds. We got a few small broccoli heads and the rest froze. And next year there will be another garden.

No comments: