14 September 2017

around the window tank

Sweet potato vine has grown so much I now have to periodically trim foliage off, because it is blocking the light that gets into the tank.
There was a second, smaller windelov fern growing on that little rock behind the larger one. The rubber band broke before it took hold, and now the leaf is floating somewhere in the tank. I was going to tie it back on, but then I saw the larger windelov cluster on the other stone is reaching for it. A rhizome growing off the rock has started to take hold on the second, smaller stone. This is kinda cool so I left it like that.
I have one tiny bit of pennywort (hydrocotyle tripartita) still alive- but it is not doing well in my tank. I saw someone on the forum just grew it in a pot kept very damp, and it looked amazing with lovely round scalloped leaves. Worth a try, so I stuck mine in a little pot. It is so small. That pot is only two or three inches across.

No comments: