01 February 2016

those that were outside

The mock strawberry plants in my coldframe house survived fine. They were just pretty dried out. I dropped some snow on them to melt for a drink. It was warm and steamy in there. I have high hopes for seedlings to thrive. Must get planting.
The rosemary is not looking too well. I saw some tender green shoots emerging near the base of the plant, so cut back a lot of the dead top growth. It is much diminished. I have had this accident with rosemary before and wasn't able to save it. So if it recovers or I get another one, will try to establish it outside. Rosemary left to go dormant and revive itself by its own timing has done much better for me in the past than those I try to overwinter indoors, and make mistakes putting them out again too soon.

No comments: