27 May 2015

mock strawberry

Several times in the past I've tried to make a houseplant out of mock strawberry dug from the yard, and they never lasted. There's a lot of it growing in back areas of B Yard where I don't want it- most got composted but some I stuck in pots again, just for the heck of it. To my surprise, they seem to have taken well. Two different kinds of shapes of the leaves,
in fact I'm not even sure if this second one is a mock strawberry. Maybe its something else.
But I find them attractive, so will keep in pots for now and see how they do. I might at some point put these in planters off the railing, so the trailing runners can hang down, and if they last through the season, will try to bring inside and overwinter (that was the original intent, way back when).

No comments: