06 May 2015

bye, fish

Pinkie died today. He was over 2 years old, and spent the first year with me in a bowl, so I probably shouldn't be surprised. But it was my fault. He choked on food- I forgot he would even try and fed a whole shrimp pellet to the gang to pick apart- and he tried to eat it all in one bite before I could reach in there. My fault. I didn't notice until took his body out and had it up close, that his fin edges were ragged. The barbs and loaches still in the tank look fine. I tested the water quality, it was fine. Was he stressed, or ill these past few days? I don't know.

He was my favorite fish.
Oh, and I never made note of this before, but I laughed when I saw his picture on the back of a fish magazine!
I'd never seen one like my Pinkie before, in print or in person.

No comments: