15 April 2015

gah

Guess who else is sick here (in addition to fish, now). Plants. Spider mites again. Noticed the pepper (in the back of this pic) I've been setting outside in daytime for sun, is suddenly looking peaky. No more dark glossy leaves. Pale, mottled, red specks wipe off undersides. I sprayed heavily with a bleach solution- 1 TB bleach in 1 gallon hot 95° water. I treated all the other plants that have been susceptible to this in the past, as well. That includes: poinsettia, cyclamen, parlor palms, schefflera, parsley.
And my avocado. Its oldest leaves very ragged, drying bits of edges but pale marks too which look suspicious. Just in case.
I'm upset have to deal with this again. No more plants outside here. Only the fern, which seems resistant to mites. Will keep a close eye on the plants I have in B yard on the deck- if it doesn't seem to be a problem over there I might move more plants...

1 comment:

chrisa511 said...

Oh no! So that's what you have going on :( Hope they all survive ok!! They're in good hands at least :)