04 January 2015

kuhli antics

These guys are so fun to watch. I've started to see them piling onto each other sometimes. Two of the black ones here in the little rock cave against the glass- they don't fit!
I've also noticed lately they are climbing more! Every now and then I catch one climbing up onto the java log, once I saw Albert up in a thicket of rotala, then he slid down onto a broad crypt leaf and below. Caught a pic here of black kuhli up in a plant, striped one below. You can see the size difference.
Black kuhli resting on the vallisneria. This plant is doing very well now, by the way. I didn't really care to have it in my tank anymore, but when I found some bits left kept them just because they were alive.
Buster is doing better, by the way. He always did look fine, but the small grey patch on his side is diminishing, hard to even spot anymore when I look close. Glad.

No comments: