28 November 2014

friday notes

Still looks good- watersprite and rotala growing, growing. A few dead java fern leaves, lots of new fiddleheads. Some brown algae on a few crypt and apono leaves (could rub it off) and I'm pretty sure why- I thought the plants needed something more (still don't look perfectly green yet) so I gave a second half-dose of micronutrients middle of the week. Guess that was too much. Today I pushed in three root tabs, between the aponos which are still the smallest for their possibility. Next week I'll add the rest of the packet (seven more). In the tenner, I cut out two anubias leaves that have black mottling, the rest are nice. This time I tried dissolving the potassium into some aquarium water before pouring into the tank. The barbs still twitch and glance a bit- skins irritated. Pinkie and Oliver never seem to notice. I think their scales (armored for battle?) are thicker than the other fishes'.

No comments: