15 September 2014

not over yet

the ich in my tank. Crap crap crap. It had been five days without symptoms, so I thought ok to lower the temp. Once it got down to 85°, barbs flashing again. Raising temp again. If it goes on longer than another week, I guess I should switch to meds- but will have to pull the snails- and where else to put them but in the tenner? afraid it will put ich in there too. I guess I could put them into the QT....

I had other plans- to move the female with tail rot back into main tank (once she's healing), move Pinkie into QT, let him live in solitary until I've switched my barbs all out for platies- still want to. Then see if Pinkie can move back in after the new fish are established. Perhaps he won't be as aggressive then. If I keep seeing bitten fish, I guess he'll have to live out his life alone. I really don't want to maintain three aquariums, though!

But first I have to solve the ich problem.

No comments: