11 April 2014

my fish is eating a carrot

I never thought I'd say that sentence in my life before.
But read that possible to give Otocinclus other blanced vegetables, so I tried a carrot slice. Once again, Sparky was all over that, so I left him alone, pulled it out early afternoon the next day. I drop a spirulina wafer in once a week, notice the snail was hanging around the feeding spot the next morning. Think he liked that. I also think my Danios ate it! They have been looking awfully fat lately, so I've been trying to feed less and skipped a day. I was planning to give them flake food the next morning but instead found the wafer all gone (no remnants to siphon out like usual), the Danios had very round bluging bellies, and poor Sparky seemed to be cowering near the food spot. I peered in after lights-out and Imo was poking around just above the substrate, so I wouldn't doubt he ate that stuff himself. Maybe even drove Sparky off it.

No comments: