12 March 2014

oto update 2

The Otocinclus looked poorly this morning. Pinched closed fins all of them, and I thought I saw white fuzz halo the bodies viewed from above. Alarmed it might be fungus- I think I left the lettuce leaf in there too long and fouled the water. When I pulled it out could tell it was going bad. Did a 25% wc. They look better now, tails held more relaxed and open. But Sparky looks a bit too red around the face.

I still see no signs of eating, but there is fish poo I cleaned up with the wc, and their bellies, while not nicely fat like before (seen from the side they had shape like little footballs) are still round. Not yet flat or concave (which would indicate starvation). I'm going to try giving them blanched zucchini tonight, and I've put the rock jars directly under a desk lamp, in hopes of getting algae growth. Windowsill is cold.

Sparky in a corner:
Sparky and Otto (this image was rotated 90° counterclockwise):

No comments: