09 January 2014

danio behavior

Most times I look into the aquarium, the Zebra Danios are zipping around, darting after each other or sometimes spread out each on its own, picking through stuff on the driftwood and foliage. Yesterday I saw the two largest, Glitch and Twitch, facing each other and flaring their fins, the stripes usually streamlined against the body held wide. They would face each other, jerk the fins open, circle tightly, flare again. It was the two biggest males displaying to each other and quite interesting to watch.

Of course when I try to get pictures, very few come out better than a blur of moving color (or catch the fish in the frame at all!) The lighting was not quite bright enough this morning, but I managed two decent shots (out of 49!)
and this one I took yesterday intending to show the tiny emerging Watersprite leaf actually got a good picture of a Danio too, although the color is too yellow. I like their blues.

No comments: