25 August 2013

a few things of note

My Croton is growing vigorously, and the rooted piece in water has a new tiny baby leaf! Toddler says of its multiplying root growth: "plant have feetsies now! two feets like me!"

I finally have one Tithonia flower opening, at the very end of summer. Better late than never!

It seems like a few potatoes are growing, after all! I saw the red, curved skin of one peeking out from the soil surface and covered it up with a little heap of leaves.

Of the cuttings I started recently, one Petunia survived and is ridiculously putting out more flowers, on the end of a very small plant. There are five little Stevia plants now as well, which seem to be doing fine (the sixth one succumbed to mold).

The rex Begonia Coleus and Pothos cuttings are also growing plenty of new roots in water.

No comments: