26 July 2013

goners

Lately I feel like all the notes I make about plants here is about failure. I have lost more. The heat gets to me and then I tend to forget which plants like it dry, and overwater.
I can't believe I killed a Mint. They're practically indestructible, but this one certainly appears to be dead. It was my favorite Choclate Mint, too. I'm not giving up yet, keeping the pot around for a while to see if it revives.
In the background of that picture, is the Thyme I grew for three years, and was shaping as a tree. I was finally pleased with its look so now I'm dismayed it's gone.

I think my Lavender is dead as well; I probably cut it back too hard. And I had to throw out another Broccoli plant. Whitefly this time. Blarg.

3 comments:

Stefanie said...

I've killed mint before too so don't feel bad. Too bad about losing the thyme, I bet it was looking lovely before its demise.

Snowball said...

I was just siting here thinking the same thing about failure and wondering why. Both the garden and house plants are struggling this year. (I think the Master Gardener is going to start screening my calls soon.) :P

I only just discovered your blog, and it is a wonderful inspiration. Thank you so much.

Jeane said...

Stefanie- I feel doubly bad because the other week I was weeding at my friend's house, and accidentally yanked up a mint transplant I had given him!

Snowball- thanks for visiting! I don't feel quite so bad now. I suppose everyone has a bad gardening year now and then.