04 June 2013

norfolk pine

I have finally done what considered for a long time, divided my Norfolk Island Pine
into two separate pots, smaller groupings.
Rather regret doing so, now. It was not easy and I'm afraid the plant (or some of the individuals) might not survive the treatment. The roots were so entertwined I had to cut them apart and a few of the individuals ended up without much roots left at all. I've misted them heavily but it's something I often forget to do of late, so the plants have been drying up and dropping foliage. I'm no longer sure if I will hold onto this plant....

It doesn't do so well as a living christmas tree as I had hoped. The branches are simply too fragile to bear much weight and mine still have scars and broken stems from wearing decorations in december. I haven't done well by the poor thing.

No comments: