30 August 2010

planting

I can't remember when I did fall planting last year, but I know it was too late; the only fall crop I really got was Lettuce and Chard, the beets and carrots put in too late. I feel like it's too late now already, but today planted some stuff anyways.

Beets: used up all my leftover seed. Gave them an overnight soak. They do look odd, kind of like grape nuts I think. I do hope I get good fall beets; my spring ones were so lovely!
Carrots: two kinds, one from a packet my sister gave me. It was a bonus to plant carrots on the same day I did canning, as I had all that super-hot water and to get carrots to germinate well I like to water them first off with boiling water.
We ate the final spring garden Carrots today, funny shapes diced up into a beef pie

1 comment:

Ally said...

Aww, the carrots are kind of cute! :)